Translate

Translate

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hemingway

I have to say I enjoyed the documentary on Ernest Hemingway's life immensely. I just feel like he himself was the perfect character and that the depictions of himself in his work do not do him justice. Though I did enjoy the stories of Nick Adams and see the similarities between him and Hemingway, I feel if Hemingway were to actually write not so much an autobiography, but a story of a character exactly like himself he'd see that the flaws he finds in himself are not flaws what so ever. Hemingway felt he was not masculine enough, but I feel that he was the epitome of masculinity. I mean just the way that he enjoyed going on his adventures either on safaris in Africa, on the seas of Cuba, or even on the battlefield of war exhibited tremendous amounts of masculinity; his work ethic was also a contributing factor to his masculinity; it seemed to me as if he was extremely hardworking and he would do anything to make sure his work was not only done, but well done. Hemingway to me was what a man should be: hardworking, intelligent, brave, adventurous, creative, and everything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment

src="https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3859/15144443125_be8a4e644c_h.jpg" width="1600" height="1067" alt="Peaking Sunset">